Saturday, October 18, 2008

MMR VS Check Up

Today, we went to Yishun Polyclinic; Me for my delayed 3 years old assessment & rachel for her MMR jab.

Why i said mine was a delayed 3 years old assessment leh? Cos Mummy was suppose to make the appt for me early year but she has forgotten to do so, so the nurse make an appt for mummy on the spot when i went for my ROTA assessment in April tis year.

Rachel was due for her MMR jab ( 15 - 18 months). MMR stands for Measles, Mumps & Rubella. Mummy went in with Rachel & Daddy went in with me. You see, we are in different rooms.

Rachel: The nurse checked my height ~ 76cm, my weight ~ 8.24kg & my head circumference ~ 46cm. Mummy asked the nurse if i am considered light weight for my age but the nurse says its ok. I am slightly below avrg only. I am tall though. Keke...

The nurse did some checks on me like asking me to say bye bye, clap hands. I can do it very well. The nurse praised me, saying i am a clever little gal. I gave her my sweetest smile.

Then i gt a jab on my left arm. Ouch! It hurts. I cried for a few secs but with my mummy hugging me, i stopped crying soon. The nurse told me Mummy i might or might not develop a fever. It depends on the individual. Usually, the fever, if any, will develop within a week after the jab. The nurse gave mummy some paracetomol (tablets form).

As for Lionel, becos Daddy went in with him, mummy is not sure wat conversation went on inside the room. Mummy asked Daddy if the nurse say anything negative abt Lionel but he say nothing, everything ok. Haiz! Dads....they just cant be bothered to elaborate further.

My next appt is Feb 2009 - 18 months for my 1st booster of the 6 in 1 pkg. I hv already completed the 1st 3 doses within the 1st 5 months since i stepped into tis world. Lionel's next appt is April 2009 - 4 years old assessment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...