Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day 4 - 02 Oct 2008

This morning, we went for a half day Cu Chi Tunnels tour. A little history:

Ben Duoc Tunnel (part of Cu Chi Tunnel System) is a well known revolutionary historic relic, 70km to the North West Of Ho Chi Minh City. A unique architectural structure, this is a system of tunnels dug deeply underground, the base of the former leadership and Party Comittee of Cu Chi District for their accomodation & meetings & also preparing of battles.

The Tunnel System embodies the undaunted will, intelligence & pride of the Cu Chi people, a symbol of Vietnamese heroism. Hence, Cu Chi has been awarded the title of "Iron Land & bronze Citadel"

A hiding hole..

One of the tourists...showing he can also enter. The opening is very small. Big size people will not be able to go in, else they get stuck halfway. According to the guide la..

I can do it!


Pictures with the guerillas


American M41 Tank was destroyed by a delayed mine in the 1970s

Miltary Workshop




Guerillas made their own explosives, bombs & weapons to kill their enemies

The Health Bunker


See...the height of the tunnel is almost touching my head. I cannot even stand.
It is very dark & narrow underground. Its one way in, another way out. You cannot crawl halfway & say u wanna go out. Why? Cos there are alot of people behind u. There is no way for them to give way to u. Either u do the duck walk or u go down on all fours. And its very hot & stuffy too.. Hb managed to take pics of me. And the tunnel is not all smooth crawling. There are steps, low ceiling where u really have to go very low, narrow widths...etc. Here's a joke: If someone give out a loud german gas, i wonder.....

This is the kitchen where they do the cooking...

And the smoke emerges out from above. They can only do the cooking during dusk, or else they risked being seen by the enemy.




The shooting range. Bullets not included. You gt to pay. Its abt SGD3 per bullet. Not cheap leh. And god! The noise is very very loud. I risked going deaf just to take the above pics.

We went off at abt 8.15am & returned at abt 2pm. But the actual time spent there was only abt 1.5hrs. From the city to the tunnel takes abt 3 hrs or so. And another abt 2hrs gg back. Wa sey! We paid 80,000D per person & another 80,000D for the entrance fee (not included in the tour fee)
It was raining by the time we arrived back to HCMC. We went to Miwaukee Grill & cafe for lunch. It was still raining so we went back to the hotel for some rest. Rain, rain, rain...non stop leh. Till abt 8pm. Gosh - 6 hrs of non stop rain. SIANZ! spoilt my mood. Make my temper bad. i dun like to nua in the hotel. i mean when u go for holiday, wouldnt u rather go ard everywhere rather than to spent ur day stuck in the hotel room.
We went for another massage after that. Hb with no 2nd thots booked a 105mins massage dat includes sauna, jacuzzi, steambath, etc. Its 350,000D. I only want a foot massage, so its 80,000D. Dat massage parlour seems a little ....hw to say leh...to me likes gt special service provided one lor, if u know wat i mean. Cos i see sexily dressed gals walking in & out..Hmmm but hb says all he see are gals in their uniforms... u see, we are in diff rooms. He paid for the VIP treatment so naturally, he has his service provided upstairs whereas i am downstairs. :(
And to tink they do not allowed me to go upstairs to look for my hb. Huh? They say they will call my hb to come down instead. @#*%$! Wat are they doing dat i cannot go up? (reminds me of a certain massage parlour in China, also like dat - i cannot go in to find my own hb). I was tinking i go back to the hotel room first but as hb has the key, i nid to get it from him. i waited & waited; it sure took a long time for hb to come down. i asked the recep furiously: where is my hb? I am almost in tears. They (the recep) couldnt understand wat i am saying or they pretend not to know. They made another call up & started giggling over the phone, speaking in their own language which i of cos, do not understand.
Its decades b4 i see hb walking down the stairs. I took the keys from him & with tears rolling down my face, i walked out of the parlour, telling hb to continue with his massage. i went to the toilet to wash my face when hb called me, asking where am i. He said he has finished. i told him he still has his foot massage. he say he is done. God knows!
He waited for me outside the toilet & when he saw me with tears in my eyes, he ask me wat's wrong. So i told him of my terrible encounter lor. He told me its nt wat i hv been tinking.
We went to the streets outside Ben Thanh market for a seafood dinner & back to the hotel. I was still fuming but i try nt to show it. Wanted to do my nail art but by the time we finished our dinner, the shop is closed. Hb says doing nail art dat cost USD2 per nail is expensive. Okay, so spending 350,000D on massage is cheap la............................
Dat night, i couldnt sleep. i tossed & turned, woke up in the middle of the nite to watch TV. Sort of glad dat i'm gg home the next day. Usually, i will be sad dat my holiday has ended but not tis time. NO!

2 comments:

KoLe said...

The tunnel experience is something I longed for!

you poor dear.. must have been frightened by the massage episode.

Lionel n Rachel said...

haha, its only a short tunnel experience though. more than enuff for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...