Saturday, April 4, 2009

Vision Test VS Bottle Tree Village

Yesterday, mummy bot me to Yishun Polyclinic for my 4 yrs old assessment check-up cum vision test. Our appointment is at 2pm. We arrived abt 1.55pm & registered at the counter. While waiting for our no. to be called, mummy ask if i am interested to go " long kang" fishing. I said yes. So mummy says we will go after my check up.

Mummy: since today is his actual birthday, i thot of spending some time with my little one. Just me & him, having a little fun. Since hb has to work, i bot him to some nearby place where he can hv a little fun & bottle tree village is an idea place where he can also do some "long kang" fishing.

My 4 yrs assessment is alright. I am able to do all those required studies as listed in my health booklet except drawing body parts & urine control in the night. The doctor mentioned dats it normal. Mummy told the doc we are still doing trial & error. Height & weight taken: 103cm/15.2kg.

For my vision test, i am able to read all the letters until the 3rd row from the bottom using both eyes. She praised me for being able to know how to read all letters from A - Z. The nurse asked me to wear a special made spectacles with 1 side covered so that i am reading with 1 eye at a time. Mummy heard the nurse saying something abt "6 9" & dat my eyesight is normal. She also asked mummy whtr are both the parents wearing spects & mummy said yes. So the nurse says cannot expect too much. ( means in time to come, i might hv to wear spects lor)

The nurse asked mummy if she wld like to hv another round of test done for me again or not. She informed mummy dat next year when i am in K1, the sch shd hv a vision test done for all students. But that is next year so mummy agreed with the idea of another round of vision test for me. My next appt is in Oct.

After my check up, we went to Bottle Tree Village for "long kang" fishing. We paid $10; a net & a tank given as well. Last time, Mummy says the price is abt duno $12 or $15; now only $10. And best, no time limit. At least, no time limit
for me.

There was another boy at the pond & he caught alot of fishes using the mini net. He's abt 10-11 yrs old & he caught all the fishes by himself. Adults are nt allowed into the pond so mummy says she will teach me hw to catch first & then i can go & "get wet".

The father of the other boy told mummy to let me fish inside the corner pond as that area is smaller so the fishes cannot swim away too far. Haha...wat a good idea.

After catching only "air" for a period of time, mummy offered to help me. Mummy squat along the side of the pond & proceed to trapped the fishes into a corner & scoop up in a fast motion. Presto! One fish caught. Mummy hurriedly transfer it into the tank provided. Another one...and another one.....one more....a black one....another red one.....

After 1.5 hrs, mummy asked me whtr i had enough. I said yes. I went to the washing area & washed myself up. Mummy bot another extra set of clothings for me & i changed into those. I had fun!

Bottle Tree Village @ Yishun, opp the stadium.


The walkway leading to the village after coming down from the overhead bridge

Entrance of the village

All prepared to go


Lionel in action...

Our catch for the day

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...