Friday, April 10, 2009

Naughty Chair

Both Rachel & I have a personal space whenever we are naughty, be it at home or at the shop. Whenever either of us misbehave, either da gu or xiao gu ( depending who we made angry) will sent us to our own personal chair.

This is an area at a corner with no toys to play with, no books to read, no TV to watch. It can be any corner inside the shop or at any corner if it is at home. We are not allowed to do anything except to sit within the restricted area & 面壁思过.

Even if we cry out loud for help, no one are allowed to come over & "save" us. The more we cry & fuss, the longer the punishment time. For me, becos i am older & sometimes my mistakes are bolder & more terrible, da gu or siao gu can made me sit on the naughty chair for at least 20mins to half an hour. Yeah...i tink so far my record is half an hour.

Once, mummy remembered, i argue with ah ma at home & i cannot accept her reasoning. I fought, shouted, yelled & even hit ah ma. Da gu immediately sent me to sit on the naughty chair. Of cos, i refused. I kicked, pushed, struggled. I did all sort of stunts i could think of. But still no use. I was being lugged & ended up on the naughty chair. Da gu told me if i still screamed & yelled, i can consider sitting there thru the night. This made me stopped crying & i ended up whining. I called for help. I whinced for mummy who was sitting nearby. Da gu warned mummy not to go over. Mummy looked at me, helpless. I think she felt the pain eventhough she was not the one punishing me. No one is allowed to help me. Even when 四叔公 came to ah ma's hse & saw me being punished, he called out to me asking me to go over so he can sayang me. Da gu immediately said: " Dont u even dare think about it. Sit down & keep quite. Think on what u hv done wrong". And she in turn also told 叔公:" You dun come & disturb. He did wrong & ought to be punished". After what seems like centuries, i am allowed to come out & i ran to mummy, crying. Mummy hugged me & explained to me what i hv done wrong & shouldnt i go & apologise to ah ma. I went over to ah me & say sorry in a low voice. Xiao gu told me to apologise louder so that everyone can hear. I stared at xiao gu with those kind of " i already apologise to ah ma, still cannot meh" look. Xiao gu stared back at me, asking izit i wanna go back to my naughty chair. Mummy told me to apologise to ah ma sincerely. This time, my tears had already started to flow again. Ah ma said:" okay la okay la, stop crying la". Xiao gu said ah ma "spoil me".

For Rachel, as she is still young, sometimes she does not realise what she've done wrong so her punishment time might be shorter. Just recently. she was caught playing with water. Ah ma gave her some water to drink & she was splashing the water onto the floor instead of drinking. After repeatedly telling her NOT to do so, she still continue. So xiao gu asked da gu to bring out the naughty chair. Mummy wondered if Rachel knows wat's happening & will kuai kuai sit on the chair meh. To her surprise, Rachel actually knows that she had been naughty & thus hv to be punished. She sat on the chair willingly, although she sulked la. At first, she stand at her own corner & sort of imitate spiderman by trying to climb up the cupboard ( legs in action only) but once da gu told her to sit down & stopped playing, she immediately sat down. She only cried for a few seconds prior & was quiet thru out the punishment. She did not made any efforts to try & get off her chair which to mummy was....surprising. After abt 10 mins, da gu told her:" Okay, u can come out now". The first thing she did was to run to mummy and sat down on her lap. Da gu explained to Rachel why she was punished & asked if she wanna be naughty again or not. Rachel shooked her head & proceed to climb onto mummy & expect a koala bear hug which of cos, mummy did la.

In our own house, we do not have any naughty corner or chair. Our punishment is via the cane. Mummy is seriously considering imposing a naughty corner in our own house but where? In the hall, we will be able to watch TV. In the room, we hv our toys to play with. Daddy suggested the kitchen; no TV, no toys. Good idea, mummy says. Mummy told the both if us saying she wanna see who will break the record of having the honours to sit in our own naughty corner in our own house first. No prize but it will be a first ever memory. :P

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...