Monday, March 9, 2009

Diarrhoea

Mummy: Rachel has been having the runs ( loose stools) since Fri evening. No idea wat she ate but according to my mil, its the usual rice with fish, meat & veggies. We thot its js some indigestion so we left it as it is.

On Sat morning at abt 7am, Rachel developed a fever. I didnt realise until Rachel hand landed on my face while still sleeping. God! Its alarmingly hot. I took the thermometer to check her temparature & guess wat? Its shows only 36.4 degrees. The thermometer also having fever, hw can it be only 36.4? I checked again, tis time testing the temp using the other ear. 36.5? Crap!

Nonetheless, i make her her morning milk & gave her paracetomol. She finished her milk, rolled over & fell asleep. At 8am plus, while at the hardware shop, Rachel had loose stools again. We gave her the medication for preventive diarrhoea. But we noticed watever she ate or drink, she is sure to pass out. My mil told me dat she didnt eat much for lunch & dinner. Dat evening, she again pass out watery stools.

On Sun, we stopped giving her the normal milk formula. Daddy bot soya milk for her. But still she kept having loose & watery stools. But Rachel is still very active & running ard as usual. She doesnt seem to be affected by her "stools".

Today is Mon. No more fever but her "stools" are still present. I bot the infant soy formula for her to drink, hoping it will help. She is now with my mil. Updates tonight.
=================
Updates @ 2056hrs on 9 mar 2009:

Mil told me dat Rachel refuse to drink the soy formula. Maybe becos its tasteless or the taste is horrible. Some frens i know told me before their kids also refuse to drink tis soy formula for infants. So what mil suggested is to mix both the milk & soy formula - 1.5/1.5 = 3 scoops per 6oz water level. And rach is also given chinese medication today since the wetsern type doesnt seems to help much. And apparently it helps cos after lunch today, nt once did rach pass out loose stools. i repeat, not once at all. So hopefully, the chinese medication helps & her condition will improve asap.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...