Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Jaundice! - by rachel

Since my discharge from the hospital on 18 Jul, i hv been to 3 blood tests for jaundice check. (boo hoo hoo - everytime the nurse poke my little foot, i let out a big loud cry).

20 jul ~ level 163

23 jul ~ level 172

25 jul ~ level 153

Gd news!. My level is going down but the doc says the best & safest level is below 100. Auntie Maggie (CL) uses the "Ng Kee" (hokkien) to bath for me. Its a kind of flower dat turns yellow when mixed with water. Old people says "yellow fights yellow" (jaundice = yellow). So it will help to bring down the yellowish thingy.

Next check up on sat 28 jul; hope by then the level goes down down down. Doc says if jaundice nt check & treated properly, will cause the young ones like me, to hv high fever, fits or even mental development problems. Better be safe!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...