Sunday, January 6, 2008

Worried mum.

Mummy: Rachel was admitted to hospital on Friday for fits/seizure cause. She was happily playing on fri when all of a sudden, she went weak & fainted. Her eyes rolled up & her lips turned white. My aunt rushed her down to the PD & was informed to bring her over to KK for further assessment. My aunt called me & together with my hb, we went down.

At KK, the doc asked my aunt for details as to wat happen & they did a thorough check on Rachel. According to the doc, fits/seizure is a family heidatary (spelling?) thing, meaning someone in the family has tis kind of condition before. but no leh, my side & hb side, no such condition. Then if a person who suffers from fits/seizure, he/she will hv a high fever of at least 38.5 degress & both arms & legs will jerk & tighten, lips will also turned bluish black. But rach again has none of this symptoms.

Rachel was put under observation for 24 hrs. After making sure her condition was back to normal with no further fits/seizure shown, she was discharged. But the doc say they will arrange another appt with the neurologists for a brain scan. They need to determine wat was wrong with rachel as her conditions was unusual.

i was very scared, worried & cried. i didnt know wat to do. i did not dare to sleep at night. i kept waking up & making sure rachel is ok. Why did such things happen? Rachel is only 5 mths old. Even as i'm typing this post, i'm crying. i really hope none of this ever happen again. Please pray for me.

4 comments:

Chew Family said...

Oh my my, I understand how u feel. Take good care of her. Pray for you that she will be fine and all checks shows that she is healthy and doing great. Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Ai yo yo...Hope Rachel is doing fine now. Almost tear when I read your blog. I can understand how saw & worried u are. You don't worry too much, take care and be STRONG!

Lionel n Rachel said...

sl & dc,

tks for ur kind words. so far, rach is doing well. but i'm bringing her to KK & Mt E for further assessments.

Lionel n Rachel said...

linda, tks as well. i cant helped crying when i was typing the post. and to tell u, i didnt know wat the hell i was typing. my mind was filled with worries & my fingers didnt coporate - butter fingers. 101% spelling mistakes. :(

but anyway, rach is back to her usuall self now. still praying this is one time episode. ITS NOT GONNA EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...