Friday, June 15, 2007

Disiplinary Actions??

Mummy: Sorry folks. Its been a while since we post but the days hv gone by without much amusement. Well, Lionel has been a super duper notty little dude for tis few days. He likes to run into the Guardian store next to my in laws shop, takes off his shoes & sit down beside the showcase with all the Winnie The Pooh characters. He starts taking the toys out of their "home" & plays with them.

Whenever we find him there, we hv to drag him out forcefully as he does nt wans to leave the toys. He will kick & scream all he can. I hv warned him several times; if he doesnt behave himself, no matter how nicely we tok to him, the cane would be "invited" out for some play.

Well, the cane was being "invited" out twice tis week; Tues & yesterday. Whack!!! The cane landed on his legs with some force, leaving 2 red lines. (i caned twice). Lionel scream loudly & tears begin to flow out of his eyes. He wanted to run to his Ah Ma for comfort but i pulled him back.

"You run to Ah Ma again, i'll whack you again. " He stood there, nt daring to move, still screaming & crying loudly.

I did not allow anyone to come close to comfort him, telling them if they choose to sayang him at this moment, he will nt learn. He will tink so what if Mummy beats me, i still hv someone to sayang me ma.

Well, as the chinese saying goes " da zai er shen, tong zai niang xin" (correct hanyu pinyin???). Now its my turn to wept. My tears begin to flow freely out of my eyes. I felt the pain in my heart when i whack Lionel. (A reminder, we are in the public, in front of my mil shop).

i dropped the cane & sat down, not knowing what to say anymore. i cant even bring myself to look at Lionel, still sobbing but not screaming. (A scene from the olden days chinese movie where the mother beats the children & when they are all in bed, she wepts quietly, asking herself hw life wld be like...blah blah blah).

Ah Ma carried Lionel up, consoled him, telling him: "see tis is wat happens when u are notty, dun listen to ur parents... U wan to be a gd boi anot?" Lionel nods his head. Ah Ma tells him to dry his eyes, go to Mummy & apologise. Lionel ran to me, hugged me & say: Sorry Mummy.

Gosh, after listening to him apologising, i cried even more. Jialat!. My sil passed me some tissues, telling me nt to cry liao. Hubby say to me in a cheeky voice: " My dear Mrs Seah, dry your eyes, we bring boi boi go pasar malam."

Before we left, Ah Ma took some ointment & dab on the red lines caused by the cane. Luckily its only some red marks & not bruises. "Tis will heal within a day, dun worry!" Ah Ma told me.

Sorry for such a long post but i guess all parents felt the same way (wld u?).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...