Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Shopping for a Xmas Prom Dress ** Updates **

In just 4 days away, Rachel would be having her concert item performance @ DBS Auditorium. And me, her mummy, hasnt even gotten a white dress for her. Okay, okay, i know, this instruction was passed down since last month & i dragged it till today. My bad.

I went shopping on Monday @ KP and all the dresses were so sweet & pretty, yes, the prices were even sweeter & prettier. Gulp! The next stop was @ OGs.... no can do.

Then yesterday, my colleague made a suggestion to shop around ION Orchard. I remembered R's music teacher told us about getting the Santa's hat @ Daiso. So we proceeded to Daiso & after searching frantically for that shop, we found it on B4. Got the hat at $2. I tried it onto Rachel at home & she was stinkin cute.

Got the appetizer settled. Now for the main course & dessert. Where on earth can i find a pretty white dress at a reasonable price? Like i have mentiond before, Rachel would only be wearing it once, at most, twice or trice. Think about it, a Xmas toulle dress with satin sashes.... I am already forming the perfect image in my mind...maybe with bubble-like skirting at the bottom, or maybe velvety sleeves...

Nah...who am i kidding here.... i would be paying atrocious prices for that kind of dress. No, i just want something sweet & simple yet elegant. We popped over to Taka but the dresses were still as expensive. Something like $89.90 or even $104.90. Gasp!

My last chance would be Robinsons this evening. I do not wanna delay it till Fri or even Sat, without a chance of even securing one & then, i will end up with nothing on Sun. So after my little shopping tonight, and if the prices are still as atrocious, i guess i am left with no choice but to make that little investment & pay about $70-110 for a princess dress.

And i still have to have my little dessert. And i mean shoes, appropriate shoes for the event. Shoes that can be worn anytime when we are go out for shopping, classes or outings. That shouldnt be too difficult to find.

To all mummies ( or even daddies) out there reading this post, perhaps you can help me by providing some ideas, options or suggestions as to where i can find something sweet & simple yet elegant enough out there...remember, for a 3.5 - 4 years old girl. Appreciate. :)

** I managed to get a dress, sweet, simple & yet elegant enough for a 3.5 yo girl at KP, Causeway Point, selling for S$46.60. At least its much cheaper than those selling at S$89.90 or even S$129.90. **

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...