Sunday, December 19, 2010

Seimpi Xmas Prom 2010

We slept well the last night & got ready for our trip to DBS auditorium at 12 noon. I told Rachel to wear a normal outing dress first & we can change upon arrival. I do not want a white dress to turn black, just in case.


We saw many little ones running around, some with their parents & others with friends. We saw teacher Marcia & was told our item would be number 6. To C's mum, N (if u are reading this blog), i think i saw the Siaws family as well. I recognize their face from your blog :)


At 115pm, Rachel called Daddy & asked if he's coming in soon & was told Daddy's on the way. The look on Rachels' face tells it all. She kept looking towards the lift lobby, hoping to see Daddy walking out when the lift doors open. Finally, close to 130pm, my handphone rang. Knowing it was Daddy arriving & wondering where were we, i told Rachel Daddy's here. Rachel leapt with joy & yelled for her Daddy all the way towards the lift lobby. A big leap & a big hug. You cant tear her away from Daddy at this time if u tried to.

Soon, Daddy went in to look for a place to sit. Its free seating. I stayed with Rachel thruout her performance, even on stage. I did not have ample time to run backstage when the curtains opened. Us 2 mummies felt very weird to be standing behind our little ones since only 2 singers were on stage. Well, the 3rd one, another little girl, got stage fright & refused to come up. In the end, i was the only mummy with 2 singers. Well, of cos i hid behind Rachel most of the time. :P

This was our 1st Xmas concert with Seimpi but Daddy & i felt that the organizer did not do a good job & everything item put up seems to be hastily done. There were no proper intro to each item, save for the title & the centre where the kids come from. And each item seems to be finished in 1 min's time. All too short & abrupt. Well, hoping for a better one the next round....

The whole concert ended close to 3pm & we proceeded to Lau Pa Sat.

Oh, another incident. I was up front, holding Rachel after the finale ended & was proceeding down the stairs when i saw little Shaylia looking for her parents. Shaylia was the other little singer on stage. I told Shaylia i would bring her out to look for her Mummy. Halfway up the steps, i saw her parents walking towards the auditorium door. Quickly, i told Rachel to wait ard with Daddy while i brought Shaylia over to the waiting area. But i did not see any of Shaylia's parents around. One of the teachers told me she would try & call Shaylia's parents & to leave Shaylia with her. I figured that shouldnt be a problem.

I walked over to joined Daddy & Rachel when i noticed Shaylia's mum running around & calling out to Shaylia frantically. She seems to be on the verge of crying. I quickly ran after her & told her Shaylia's with the teacher, over at the waiting area. She grabbed my arms & asked me to bring her over. I calmed her down & told her Shaylia's in good hands. I saw Shaylia with the teacher & her mum immediately ran over to hug her. The teacher informed she couldnt get thru to her.

Her mum thanked me profusely & i can see tears in the corner of her eyes. I left both mother & daughter embraced together & went over to Daddy & Rachel. All is well.



Rachel's concert item: Angels We Have Heard On High

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKmZd8AODI

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...