Friday, December 17, 2010

Nose Bleeding

16 Dec 2010 @ 545am:

I felt a light tap on my arms & the soft whipser of " Mummy". I turned over, knowing it was Rachel calling out. In the darkness, i could made out her little body outline. As the light from the opposite block was shining brightly into our window, i saw what made me jumped right up & called out to Daddy.

Rachel's face, the area under her nose & the corner of her mouth was covered in blood, bright red. i hurriedly switched on the lights & carried Rachel straight to the bathroom. As i turned a sec to get some tissues, the blood continues to ooze out of her nose, staining her pyjamas, dripping onto the bathroom floor & forms small little stains here & there.

Daddy grabbed some tissues, carried her back to the bed and quickly dabbed the tissues onto her nose. He asked for a wet towel as well. I grabbed a face towel, wet it & folded it over Rachel's forehead.

Slowly, the blood stopped oozing out of her nose but i can see that the inside of her nostrils are still watery. I kept changing the towel so that is always cold. I took some wet tissues & start to clean up the blood stains on her face & hands.

I got her a bottle of warm water & she drank abit. Daddy said that the blood should start to clot by now so there should be no cause to worry. Still, a mummy's more sensitive right? Daddy felt asleep there & then, leaving Mummy to do the clean-up & change the pillow case where there were traces of blood.

And i have been keeping a close watch on Rachel, making sure her nose doesnt start bleeding again. I thought that this bleeding episode had stopped long ago...why did it come back again?

Minutes ticked by & i saw that the blood inside her nostrils have clot & dried up. Daddy woke up to the sound of the alarm clock & got ready for work. He told me to call him if anything happens.

At about 745am, Rachel got up & told me she's ready for school. Guess she hasnt been sleeping well since 545am. She did cry a little & i got her pacified & calmed down. She was frightened as well, by the sight of the blood. But after the whole thing, she laughed it off when she noticed the dried blood stains on the pillowcase which i had changed.

I told my mil about it & she had had suspected that Rachel was heaty inside again. She did not remove her bowels well & ate little. And her palms were always warm & sweaty. So that explains the nose bleeding episode again.

My poor darling....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...