Thursday, October 28, 2010

Internet Issues

Since last evening, i was not able to access the internet. When i clicked the IE icon, a little window would pop up telling me " Internet Explorer has encounter some issues & needs to close down..." Then it gave me an option to either click on the "send report" or "don't send". I would usually click don't send and then the whole screen would shut off, returning me to my desktop.

I checked all lines & cables, thinking maybe one of them was not plugged in properly but the same thing happened again & again, no matter what i do.

I called one of hb's cousins this morning & she told me that it could be the ltelephone line issue. She asked me to call Singtel to check. Singtel told me they would guide me along in trouble shooting to see what the problem was if i was beside my comp but i was at work, hence, no access to my personal comp.

I called just awhile ago & Ms. Ramni was on the line. She very patiently guided & prompt me on where to click, what command to type & what to check on. Her reply was that it seems the issue doesnt lie with my connection but rather with the browser problem. Her next option was for me to call Microsoft & get their assistance.

I asked for their # & called Microsoft. Mr. Labib was on the line. Again, he very patiently guide me through & presto, i was able to gain access to the net again. I asked him where the problem lies & his reply was that ususally there would be many issues & but always, Mircrosoft would be able to solve them. Technically speaking, i just need to reset my internet settlings & clear my browser history.

So here's a BIG thank you to Ramni from Singtel & Labib from Microsoft. In case if u encounter this same problem as well, the # to call - Singtel: 1688 & Microsoft: 800 8523543.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...