Sunday, July 4, 2010

Downtown East Chalet Cum BBQ.

03/07/2010 - Sat: Priscilla called me on my hp at 9am plus this morning, asking me if i would like to join them at Pasir Ris Downtown East. They were having a chalet which will be lasting for 4 days.

I called the 2 kids & prepared to take off. We took bus # 969 towards Tampines Interchange, trsf to the MRT to Pasir Ris ( 1 stop) & bus service #385 from the interchange.

As the kids were still having cough & flu, i did nt pack their swimming stuff. They too, know that there were nt allowed to jump into the pool.

Just for remembrance sake.....it may be a long time before we stepped into DTE again.


At the indoor game arcade ... We wanted to go into KidsExplorer Club but found the admission too expensive. The kids had a fabulous time anyway & they collected tickets for prize exchanging later on.
** I must say, over here, Rachel was a dare devil, running everywhere & getting lost & NOT in the least bit afraid. Its the adults who panicked & searched everywhere instead. I contemplated to buy the so call kids' haversack but its something like a leash instead - u know, when u bring ur pet out for their little walks... this one comes with cartoons like a bear, frog, doggy where the little one can wear it on like a haversack, and u hv a long strap-like thingy to hold on **

After the rain had finally stopped ( it rained from 5pm - abt 8pm), the kids ventured out of the chalet for a little fun with fireworks. (video below)

The kids having fun , toasting marshmallows. They were gettin bored inside the chalet as it was raining earlier on.

Cousins & friends having fun together.

My marshmallow princess. :)



BBQ



Fireworks 1

Fireworks 2
At the end of the whole thing, i gt a very big surprise. I was playing ball with the kids inside the chalet when Rachel called out to me, asking me to go outside. Many people had gathered round a table & on it was a cake with 1 candle. I was asked to sit right in front of the cake & they started singing the birthday song. I was so touched. I did not tell anyone abt my birthday except to Prscilla whom i did casually mention at abt 10pm that in 2 hrs, my bday wld be over.
Tks very much Pris (whtr or nt you were the one who bought me this surprise). Tks everyone!
This chalet thing turned out to be a very wonderful celebration with wonderful people. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...