Thursday, May 1, 2008

Words spoken to soon...

Grrrr.... Rachel is sick again. Haiz! i js posted some days ago dat R have been getin better & i was so happy. Then now....She developed slight fever on Tuesday at my aunt's place. I wonder whtr it has anything to do with her falling off the bed on Mon night anot. But when dat happened, all she did was wince & fell asleep immediately. I did checked her head for swelling or bruise but nothing. So when my aunt told me she gt fever in the afternoon, my heart ache again. 心痛啊!

My aunt bot her to the doc's & was prescribe Paracetamol for fever, Prospan for cough & Horamine for flu. She developed all these all over again. Tues night, her fever reaches 39.8 degrees & she seems to be in a very cranky state. She winces, cries, turns left to right, sit up, lie down again, etc....she js couldnt sleep properly. I tried my best to sooth her, gave her water but she rejected, pat her but it seems she gt more irritated, sang some songs and she seems relax but only lasted for a few mins. i carried her up & she lay her head on my shoulders. She seems better in this position. I gathered she must be feeling "heavy" on her head, thus laying down on my shoulder ease her burden. She fell asleep in this position but whenever i put her down, she waked up & wince again lor...repeated pattern the whole nite...

Wed morning came. I sent her to my ils instead of my aunt cos at least at the shop, more people to help look after. The whole day, her fever seems to go up, come down & then up again. Never seems to return to the usual body temp.

Wed nite. Her fever returns to its peak at 39.8 degrees. Hb & i sponge her. We use ice pack on her, fed her lots of water. carry her, calm her, sooth her. She was so cranky the whole nite. From 11pm till 6am....

Today is 01 May - Labor Day!. R is still having fever. i took another kind of fever medication - Nurofen to the PD & ask for advise. This Nurofen was given to L the other time when he was sent to KK due to high fever as well. That happened 2 years ago when L was js slightly over 1 years old. The doc did mention dat if the temp is 38.5 & abv, to give Nurofen.

Okay. Alright to give R too. Every 4 hourly! 2ml. So medication was administered at 10.30am, 2.30pm, 6.30pm & later at 10.30pm. The older folks have their way as well; they took flour & egg, mixed into a dough & rub all over R's body. Even hard boiled egg.

Mil warned! No direct fan/wind at R. So last night, hb slept with R & L in the room. I took the fan out & slept in the hall for i'm someone who cannot do without at least a fan.

Just now at abt 5.30pm, i felt R's body temp. Much much better than tis morning; nt as hot already. But still its hard to say. And i js been informed, L also startin to develop a slight fever liao.

Is heaven playing a cruel joke on me? Why are my kids suffering one after another? I dun hv the answer! i js hv to continue praying that both L & R will be better day by day!

Can someone sooth, assure & calm me down? I need it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...