Saturday, May 10, 2008

Updates

Mummy: i had a tiring & horrid week since 28 Apr. Will let Rachel do the telling. Mua too tired...

04 May: Mummy was supposed to bring Kor Kor to Genius R Us for his baking enrichment class but halfway thru their class, Ah Ma called & told Mummy i need to go KK due to my fever was 40 degrees. Mummy gt a shock & rushed back with Kor Kor at once. Daddy met Mummy & both of them sent me to KK Children's A&E where a nurse did a temp check on me & asked Mummy some qns.

A sample of my blood was taken for a lab test cos the doc told Mummy i might be down with some sort of infection but wld need a test to determine wat was the infection, then they can presribe the correct kind of medication.

The wait for the results of the report was the most tiring. Over 1 hour...and during the 1 hr or so, well, u can guess...i was again very cranky, restless, i winced, cried...i dunno wat i want....unable to be comfy...Daddy & Mummy took turns trying to comfort me...

At long last, the report came out. i was found to be infected by some bacteria. The doc of cos cldnt give Mummy the exact kind cos there are thousands & one kind out there. The doc showed Mummy my report & told Mummy my infection level is on a high side cos the normal level is 7 - 17 but mine was 20 with H in brackets. H means high. Oh dear...Mummy's heart dropped.

The doc told Mummy that the next 3 days will be the most critical as these 3 days will determine if i hv to go back to KK again. If yes, most prob will be admitted. 3 kinds of medication was prescibe to me. Paracetamol for my fever, Augmentin (antibiotic) for my infection & bromheinx for my cough; to help clear my irritating phelgm. Mummy will hv to watch out for these signs/symptons:

i dun eat or drink well, refusal, lesser then half, etc...
i am restless, lethargic with sunken eyes...
my fever doesnt subside, etc...

05 May & 06 May: Mummy took 2 days leave to watch over me, praying & praying dat my fever wld go down, dat i am eating well, dat i dun seem restless or lethargic... Clock ticking...

07 May: My fever seems to go down, i dun feel dat "hot" anymore. When Mummy checks for my temp level, i always hover ard 38 degress plus minus. I do seem to eat well, in fact, eating more that i wan (which is good), i am very active, wants to play, back to my usual self. Mummy is very happy but still worries at the same time as my fever doesnt subside to the avrg which is abt 36 - 37.5 degrees (yes?)

08 May: Ah Ma told me my stools & urine are very smelly. My stools are like wat the doc have informed Mummy; it will be watery, somewat like diahorrea but nt to the extent of dat. The doc did tell Mummy nt to worry cos it wld mean dat the infection is clearing - the body way of gettin rid of unwanted toxin/bacteria.
As for the smelliness in my urine, Mummy take it as the body's way of clearing bacteria too.

09 May: Hooray! i hav passed the 12 hour mark without paracetamol. And my fever hv really subside. My temp always ranges around 36.3 to 37.4 degrees.

10 May: Still without paracetamol. My antibiotics medication finishes today. Mummy did a temp chk on me tis morning: 36.4 degrees...Yippee Aye Aye! Ah Ma hv told Mummy dat the last 3 days, i hv been very active & i cant stop eating...Muahahaha! Very good news for Mummy.

Mummy told Ah Ma nt to feed me anymore paracetamol cos i dun hv anymore fever. And also to increase my milk intake since i get hungry easily. i am nw drinking 5oz but hmm...nt all at once. Say, i can drink 3 oz now but within 1 hr later, i ask for another 2 oz. Maybe its becos i'm tooooo active so all my calories burnt up...haha...calories at my age?!

Mummy took alot of fotos of me on Thurs. Cos i appear to be very active when its already my bed time. And of cos, i readily pose for Mummy as usual. Mummy will pose the fotos of me. Catch my mischevious look!

Oh yes! 1 last thing. i gt an announcement to make. My 2 upper lateral incisors are out already. So in total, i hv 6 teeth nw; 4 upper & 2 lower. Keke...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...