Friday, January 7, 2011

N2's Speech & Drama ** Updates**

I called the school yesterday to find out if the timing of Lionel's S&D can be changed. It was usually right after school hours at about 12 noon last year but according to Ms Zana, they have to coordinate the timing with the external teachers there, so a change is needed.

So Lionel will be having his 1st lesson in S&D 2011 today @ 415pm. I also received a form from Rachel asking if the parents would like to enrol their child in either Computer, S&D or Abacus. Before i can discuss & reply, Ms Zana had already pre arrange Rachel's S&D slot to 330pm, also starting today.

How in the world did Ms Zana knew that i wanted to enrol Rachel into S&D??? Anyway, i had informed my mil prior that both kids will attend S&D. My sil (elder LK) was against the idea of both kids having their classes at such an odd timing as it clashes with the kids' noon nap. She wanted to enrol Lionel into Abacus instead which falls on Sat morning. My arguement is that the class (S&D) is only once per week; what's the problem of having to miss one noon nap? Oh btw, Lionel will be in P1 next year. Is she going to tell the teacher that he needs his nap at 3pm should his session starts in the afternoon? Really wondering what's her problem here!!!

** as for Abacus on Sats, if she wanna enrol Lionel into that, its fine with me too but my mil seems to be against that idea. Lionel is having too many enrichment classes at such a young age - arts (creative drawing) class, chinese martial arts & now Abacus?? And all these classes were initiated & supported by both sils ( elder & younger LK)), so they were the ones paying for the fees. **

** I did think of enroling Lionel into Abacus classes but not till he's in primay school. Goes the same for Rachel. We'll see about that next year **

So anyway, a mum always has the final say. I reminded my mil ( not going to care what my sil insists on) that R's class starts at 3.30pm & L's at 4.15pm, immediately after R's session. She said will get the kids ready accordingly.

** If they feel that its a chore having to bring 2 kids over one by one, its fine with me if they wanna bring Lionel over with Rachel @ 3.30pm, then pick both of them up at 5pm, whichever way they feel convenient & if the school's fine with the arrangement. I think the school should be ok with that. **

Will ask Rachel if she likes S&D tonight when i see her. :)

@ 10pm: Rachel enjoyed the lesson very much. I'm glad to hear that. I'm also surprised that my sil (LK) called me in the afternoon to double check on the kids' S&D's lesson timing. I thought she might call me just to argue with me again. But she was also a little shocked to learn that the lessons will start today cos she heard that it should be starting next week instead. anyway... :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...