Friday, January 14, 2011

Drunkard

I was on my home one evening when i noticed the outline of a man lying across a pavement beside the housing block. A person under normal circumstances would have walked past but i stopped dead in my tracks & stared at the man lying on the floor. He was cuddled up like a cooked prawn & there was a trail of water leading to where his feet were. His slippers were flung beside his legs & this led me to wonder what on earth happened.

It was quite dark around 9pm & not many people passed by at that moment. Besides, one would have missed the man as you walked unless you turned your head towards ur left. I was contemplating to call the police. The man would have been hurt or fainted or worst, dead. Wild thoughts ran thru my mind. I dared not touch or shake him but i did tried to call out. No response.

At this time, another uncle walked past me & he too, saw the man lying on the floor. I asked the uncle if i should called the police. The uncle stood down beside the man & called out. Still no reponse. He gave me a nod to go ahead to call the police. I was about to take my hp out when the uncle stopped me & told me the man's waking up. Indeed, whe i turned around, i saw the man sitting up but looking blur. The uncle asked if the man's ok & his reply: " I'm ok, just drunk".

What a bizzare evening!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...