Friday, August 20, 2010

Night Frights?

I prefer to term it as nightmares.

This few nights, Lionel, for no apparent reason wld be heard sobbing & whimpering after falling asleep. He wld not respond when u shake him or call out to him. Cant hear what's he mumbling abt too. He wld twist & turn & start kicking the bed head.

( 4 of us shared 1 bed, so we have to sleep in the other direction. Lionel wld be right next to the bedhead, followed by Daddy, Rachel & me. Poor me wld always get pushed off near to the edge)

I am always the one to get up upon hearing his whimpers & sobbing & wld try to wake him up to ask what is the matter with him. On luckier nights when i managed to wake him up, he wld reply that there's nothing wrong or that he cant remember.

But somehow i found a method which works. Believe it or not! I wld whack him on his legs or backside using my hands & that wld stop the whimperings & sobbings. Then i purposely got him to visit the toilet for his night urination.

I remember an incident which was quite scary. Few years back when Lionel was abt 2-3 yrs old, the same thing happened to him too. But that time, no matter how we shook him or yelled at him to wake up, Lionel wldnt open his eyes & continued to yell & scream. Daddy forcefully shook his shoulders & in a firm & loud voice, told Lionel to: " GET UP"

The next morning, i told my mil abt this incident & she immediately bought Lionel to the temple. She did not tell me what exactly happened but i was supposed to keep quiet & not asked a word about it & the problem seemed to cease.....

......Hoping its all part of Lionel playing too much in the day time & causing him to have nightmares at night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...