Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Train Delay...

Mummy: This morning, there was a train delay on the NEL ( North East Line). This was what happened.

I board the train from Yishun towards Orchard, supposedly to alight at Dodby Ghaut & interchange to the NEL, towards Harbour Front. ( my workplace is at Chinatown area)

However, the train i was on was so crowded & cramped that i begun to feel stuffy. So i decided to alight at Bishan instead & interchange to the NEL from there. ( Bishan - Serangoon).

I was making my way towards the platform at Serangoon when i heard the annoucement that there wld be a train delay towards Harbour Front & for those passengers who are heading towards the city, to please connect via the Circle Line to Dodby Ghaut or via Bishan.

No way! I js came from Bishan....

I decided to wait for a little while , just to see if the train service wld resume. However, luck was nt on my side. After abt 15 mins of waiting game, there was still no train in sight & the annoucement repeats again & again...

Those security officers, or rather those cisco officers ( those that patrol the stations & trains) came & shoo us off, as if they were chasing after wild geese... geez!

I went across to the Circle Line platform & took the train from there. Onboard the train, i was asking myself where to alight to reach Chinatown faster. From Serangoon, it bypass stations like Tai Seng, Mountbatten, Esplanade, Bras Basah, etc... before arriving at Dodby Ghaut.

I didnt want to go back to DG so i alighted at Bras Basah. I gt lost; didnt know which exit to go thru. I ended up out , diagonally opposite CHIJMES. I walked towards it & board bus # 147 from there & alighted outside Chinatown Point.

I reached my office at 10.45am. Not only me though. All those staying along the NEL all gt affected. What a morning!

The morale of the story is: Being clever is enough. Dun count on being more than that!
Kiang Jiu Hor. Mai Gei Kiang!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...