Wednesday, February 24, 2010

1st day of CNY

14 Feb 2010 - Sun

Wishing one & all a "Happy New Year! 恭喜发财,虎年行大运! Also wishing a Happy Valentine's Day.

We slept very late the night before & awoke to a knocking on our door this morning. It was my mil who asked if we were going to pay 大舅 a visit. She had js returned from the temple. So while she waited, we went to wash up & changed. We went over to 姑姑's house for a bowl of ching teng before setting off.

Opps! 大舅 did not seem to be at home. We knocked & waited but nobody came to open the door. He must hv gone back to Msia. We then went over to 王伯伯's house. We stayed only abt 10 mins. My mil was suppose to go with my sil to Science Center but they cld not confirm the time yet cos they were at my ils' shop preparing the items for praying.

So my mil went with us to Marina Barrage instead.


Naturally, the kids had their fun , splashing in the waters. This was our 2nd time to Marina Barrage. The 1st time was last year in 2009 but i did not had my camera with me then.

After sending my mil back home, we continued our new year visiting. We went over to my grand parents' place for lunch. This has always been a yearly affair where all cousins, uncles & aunties wld gather. To me, i wld usually only see them once a year, unless we have been invited to some other functions, mostly weddings. You see, us cousins were all grown up & we were gettin married one by one. And most of us are now parents with Lionel being the oldest at 5 years. I was the 1st one to give birth but the 2nd cousin to get married.

Seriously speaking, in terms of seniority, they were mostly my uncles & aunties cos they were actually my father's generation but from young, we called each other by name & so we remained that way. To complicated to explain la...


We left for Science Center abt 4pm plus. Again, the kids had fun, wandering ard everywhere. There were diff kind of exhibits, far different from my sec sch days. After graduating from sec sch, i had not visited the Science Center for ages.

In the evening, we left for my mum's place for dinner. Nothing much except to eat & watch TV. I wanted to kids to sleep early as we were going over to Msia early the next morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...