Sunday, January 3, 2010

Start of School Term

Tomorrow is the 04 Jan 2010 - Monday. It is also the start of the new school year for most. Needless to say, Rachel is also starting her 1st year in a school.

As her Mummy, i think i am more excited than her. Her uniforms are ironed, bag washed & packed, water bottle washed as well, name tags are in place & some neccessary items.

I will be going to school with her 2moro & hopefully she can behave & not cry. I will try not to sit in with her all the time but i wld like to see how she adapt & listens.

I cant helped but feeling a little lost here. Why? Cos she has been with me every morning & i'm so used to our little morning walks, breakfast, reading & sometimes i even bring her out for some shopping. But now she will be attending school in the morning & somehow, i'm beginning to feel like something is missing, like she's not by my side, like she's somewhere far away...
(crazy of me to think this way right? C'mon, her sch's only across the road :P)

Okay, okay...stupid me, i know! I shd feel happy & proud that my little girl has finally grown up, right? In time to come, she will be attending primary school, sec school, JC/Poly & even U. Then how am i suppose to be feeling by then? **wink**

Am i being fair to Lionel here? Cos come to think of it, i didnt even have this kind of "lost" feeling towards Lionel as i have for Rachel. I felt equally excited back then, i felt that only 1 day in sch with him was not enough - he cried, he struggled & i had hoped i can stay for another 2 or 3 days. But school rules have to be obeyed & most of us mummies there hv to hardened our hearts & leave, no matter what - how loud & hard the child cried.

But for the "lost" feeling, maybe its becos I wasnt with him full time; he was being looked after by my aunt for the 1st 2 years since birth & only "returned" to us when its time to attend school.

And he was more attached to his grandparents - my ils back then. So maybe it was my ils who had have this so call "lost" feelings instead. (trying to console myself here :P)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...