Friday, October 23, 2009

Fever

Mummy: Rachel developed high fever since yesterday morning. I asked mil to feed her paracetomol. I took her temperature & its a whopping 38.7 degrees. God! I quicky took her to see the GP & he prescribed 3 types of medication for fever & throat inflammation. Doc suspected it might be a case of H1N1 since her temp is more than 38 degrees. Her temperature ranges from 38.4 ~ 38.9 degrees the whole of yesterday. And needless to say, rachel was cranky & fidgetive the whole day.

We fed her another round of medication @ 8.30pm. She refused her dinner, her milk. Mil took eggs mixed with flour to form a dough which she used it to rub over Rachel's body. ( traditional method). Rachel fell asleep at 10pm.

Thru out the night, i was monitoring her & taking her temp almost every hr. Its still the same & her body was ever so hot. ( Cracked a raw egg over her body & the egg will cooked very soon). I kept sponging her body & i took the cooling gel pad to place on her forehead. Her temp drop to 37.8 degrees at abt 3am plus. I thot the thermometer was spoiled. I made her a bottle of milk which she finished. She fell asleep again & woke up ard 7am. She didnt want any milk but she seems unaffected by her fever. She laughed & played.

But this morning at 9am plus, she became cranky again i told mil if by noon time, her fever doesnt subsided, i am bringing her to KK. Hb asked is there need to do so or not cos Rachel is also affected by her throat inflammation. The fever will not subside so soon one. Fil bot her to see the doc again & tis time, another bottle of medication was given for stomach wind. But the doc also wrote a note & instructed us to bring her to KK if her fever doesnt subside by noon.

As i am typing this post, its already 11.47am. Rachel was sleeping when i left the shop. I do not know if she's awake yet. I will be popping by later to check on Rachel.

God, pls bless my little one.
==============================================

Updates @ 12.30pm: Went down to the shop to peep at my little one. She was still sleeping. However, mil told me her fever has since subsided. I touch her forehead gently. Her temp is just like normal. Her body heat are normal too. I took the thermometer & checked her temp: 37.6 degrees.

She woke up in a little while, saw me & requested for me to carry her up. Whoa! She was perspiring. Her clothes were soaked thru. I changed for her into a dry piece. Its a good thing she's perspiring. After drinking some water, she sat on my lap quietly.

Mil came down with her lunch - watery porridge since she doesnt want to eat anything. She finished up the whole bowl & ate her medication.

Soon, she was up & about. I told her she must walk around & not sit down everytime. From the looks of it, she has recovered & is able to run around. However, i told mil not to relax yet. Medication must still be given regardless whtr a temp is running or not. So the next medication time is abt 5.30pm since she last took at 1.30pm.

( the last time when her fever subsided, no more medication was given as we all thought she had completely recovered but her temp rise again. so this time we did not want to take the risk & hence to continue giving her the medication)

Once recovered, one got it! Lionel was also running a fever. I took his temp & it was 39 degrees. Paracetomol was given. But at 1.30pm plus, both kiddos were playing & running together.

Last temp taken (2.30pm): Lionel @ 37.4 degrees. Rachel @ 36.5 degrees.

2 comments:

Mummy N said...

yikes!
i hate fevers!

i pray that she recovers soon.

Lionel n Rachel said...

hi mummy, tks for ur concern. r has since recovered. she is back to her cheeky self.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...