Monday, September 10, 2012

Bangkok: 04 - 06 Sep ~ Siam Niramit Show

10 Sep 2012 (Mon):

Siam Niramit Show. The show is at 8pm daily. We booked our tickets online & paid 7400baht = SGD$297. It includes dinner & show. But remember what i said about the dinner in my previous post? Just book for the show will do.


We proceed to the attraction on our own. After arriving at Thailand Cultural Centre Station, we followed the direction for Thailand Cultural Centre & came up on another busy roadside.

We were stuck; not knowing where to go. I asked the security guard & he told us to stay put to wait for the shuttle bus. Hoping i got it correct, we waited quite some time. Finally it came. You wont miss the van cos it has the wordings " SIAM NIRAMIT " written on it.

Upon arriving, I went to the ticketing counter with my email print out to exchange for the tickets. There were some pre show events going on but what fascinated the kids were defintely the elephants. They requested to ride on the elephant at 100baht each. Daddy heard wrongly & thought the ride cost 1000baht instead.

The elephant mahout carried the 2 kids onto the elephant & invited me to sit in between them. Huh? I did not purchased any tickets but it was okay, the mahout told the staff. We went around the grounds & the mahout stopped to take photos for us here & there. In my mind, i cant help but wonder what if the elephant goes crazy since the mahour was not on the elephant itself but walking some distance away, calling out to the elephant to follow.

We went for dinner & therefter for the show. Again, no cameras were allowed & they have a deposit counter for you to deposit your cameras & collect them after the show. I did not want to deposit my camera & hide them in one corner of my bag. Boy! The staff did a tough search on everyone & I prayed my camera will not be found. Haha! My camera stays warm in my bag.

But though the camera is in my bag, it stayed in there thruout the show. I did not take it out at all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...