Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crying Over Spilled Milk

06 March 2012 (Tues):

I discovered some spilled milk on the kitchen floor this morning & asked who did it. No one answered. Rachel just came out from the bathroom after brushing her teeth.

I turned to Lionel & asked if he was the one. He looked at me meekly without answering. Tears begin to swell up in his eyes. I have to asked another 3 more times before he admitted but not before telling me he didnt know he had spilled the milk. He only went to put the cup into the basin after finished drinking his milk. I asked him why did he have to lie. He told me he was afraid i would scold him, hence the lie.

I told him if he had told me right from the start, I wouldnt need to be so angry. I was angry that he did not informed me when he spilled the milk. Instead he ran away thinking he can get away with it. I was also angry with him for telling lies.

For his punishment, I told him we may not attend his school sports day on 09 March 2012 afterall. He cried himself to sleep that night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...