Friday, February 3, 2012

Bed Ridden

03 Feb 2012 (Fri):

During the visit to my granny's for lunch on the 1st day of CNY, we found out that my grandpa was sitting in a wheelchair. Usually, he wld be helping ard the house; serving food & drinks to the guest or helping my granny in her food preparation.

I was shocked to see him sitting on a wheelchair & questioned my dad abt it. My parents were D so they ( my grandparents), my aunt (read stepmum) & brother (read half brother) & uncle ( dad's brother) were living together.

Dad told me grandpa has this bad habit of waking up at 3am for a bath. So ard May, he had a bad fall & was bed ridden since. He does not like sitting up in a wheelchair for long & wld always request to lie on the bed instead. I quesioned how come no one informed me about this. Dad replied that i have my own family to take care off & that he did not want to add on to my worries. That's besides the point.

Poor grandpa. Most of the time, he sat in his wheelchair in a daze & only responding should someone called out to him. Well, at least he responded & recognized all of us.
My aunt(aka stepmum) told me his hunger pangs were very consistent - he wld hv already finished his lunch just an hour ago & he wld soon asked for food again.

While we were having ours & i called out to grandpa to join us, my granny said he had his. After about 20 mins, my grandpa called out to say he was hungry. My granny took some food & fed him. Another shocked came to me. My grandpa cannot even feed himself now??? My aunt (aka stepmum) told me he's very weak & doesnt have the strength to feed himself. The only consolation is that his speech is still loud & clear & he recognises everyone.

I looked at my grandpa & was suddenly overwhelmed with emotion. I excused myself & ran into the bathroom to calm myself down. What lies ahead now? I can only hope for the best.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...