Sunday, November 6, 2011

Spring Clean

06 Nov 2011 (Sun):

Early in the week, my mum called to inform me that herself & my aunt were coming over to do a " make-over " in my hse... erm... make-over?! I remember myself exclaiming out loud.. Yes. i heard it right...

Before u get it wrong, this make-over thing is not referring to a make-over on the adults but on my house... yes, u heard it right... a make-over on my hse..

Starting from my kitchen, those 2 ( my mum & my aunt) are gonna THROW watever stuff they get their hands on & find them useless or un-neccessary... they are gonna buy new shelves & cabinets to accomodate more new stuff; things they rather i have & will be needing.

And so, the 3 of us, armed with huge trash bags begun to trash away all unwanted items or in my mum's word, items that are an eye-sore to their eyes.. And can u believe it, we actually threw away more than 5 bagful of trash... oppss... goes to show i am truely a hoarder... aka garang guni... kekeke..
We washed, fixed, cleaned, hanged & bascially transformed the whole kitchen. We worked from 1230pm till abt 8pm. Family members who walked passed our unit in the afternoon & knew that we were doing a thorough spring cleaning, came to see the major change in our kitchen later that evening... some joked that they needed help with theirs as well...

Following Saturday, we will deal with the living room. My mum ordered a new TV console, 2separate shelves for the kids & 2 cabinets, each for myself & Daddy. I saw the invoice - $800 in all... gulp!

Once we were satisfied with the kitchen & everything is in place, we begun trashing stuff away in the living room... so that when the delivery man comes next week, it will be easier for my mum & aunt to nagivate the stuff ard.

I will be working & will only be home at 3pm earliest, so for the beginning 2-3hrs, they will be left on their own.

Once we are done with the living room, the next task will be the bedrooms & the storeroom... estimated completion 1st week of December..

And now for the matter, i am wondering hw much more stuff my mum will be ordering & paying for it... She wouldnt take no for an answer. I am feeling so bad about it... Thanks mum!

I will have more updates on the living room make-over next week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...