Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Scared

Mummy: i got a scare this morning. My aunt called to inform me Rachel, my girl, almost fainted just now. She just finished her milk & my aunt had already burped her twice. Tinking she might want to sleep, my aunt put her down on the bed & went to wash the milk bottle.

My cousin shouted for her mum, saying Rachel vomitted milk all over. My aunt rushed in & found Rachel staring blankly & did not respond to my aunt at all. Usually she did. My aunt sense something is not right & immediately put her mouth to Rachel's nose & suck out the remaining milk. Right after she did, Rachel let out a loud cry.

My aunt bought her down to the PD to have a check up. She wanna make sure everything is well with Rachel. The PD did a tough check up on Rachel & assure my aunt all is well. Rachel is back to her normal self; can play & vocalise as usual.

According to the PD, Rachel might have choked on her milk & thus vomitted all over, but becos she was lying down, the milk went into her airway thru her nose, thus causing her to have difficulty in breathing.

I called hubby & since he was just nearby, he went in to see Rachel. She is alright now. I told my aunt to monitor Rachel, even when she is sleeping. My aunt say she will do it, even if i did not ask her to. Thank god my aunt is experience, else i wouldnt know what to do.

3 comments:

A Husband's Voice said...

Wow! That was a scary episode.

I am so relieve for you that everything turns out fine. Good thing your aunt knew what to do and suck out the remaining milk.

Man, I don't think I will be ready for this!! Ha Ha Ha

Lionel n Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lionel n Rachel said...

yeah..me too...i wouldnt what to do myself...my aunt look after alot of kids before...so she is experienced. thank god for her!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...