Monday, August 13, 2007

Rachel Full Month Celebration

Yesterday was my full month (满月) celebration. To be exact, i will only be exactly 1 month on 17 Aug but becos of the lunar 7th month which the old folks wanna avoid, they celebrate it earlier by a few days.

Since morning i had a buzy day. First, its the shaving of my hair which i hate. I cant help stop wriggling & crying. Grand Aunt ( 姑婆)was the one who did the shaving for me. Mummy was worried dat Grand Aunt will accidentally cut me since i wriggled non stop & she kept on telling Grand Aunt to stop, enuff liao. But Grand Aunt say must shave evenly & nicely. She told Mummy not to worry as she is experienced.

After my bath, i was dressed in a pretty outfit given to me from Auntie Maggie (mummy's confinement lady). Immediately, i was whisked off to Ah Ma's house for praying; must pray to our ancestors & Tua Peh Gong (大伯公). According to chinese customs, must thank our ancestors as chinese believe once a baby survives the 1st month, he/she considered a blessed one, so a celebration is a must.

Mummy: Nowdays confinement is only for 1 month. In the olden days, confinement is for an exact of 100 days.

In the afternoon around 1pm, Daddy comes back & we all went to Granny's place ( 外婆)& then to Great Granny's place. Along the way, i passed motion & Daddy has to stop the car by the roadside so that Mummy can changed my pampers first. On the way back home, Daddy stopped to buy drinks; beer, soft drinks & packet drinks & ice. It was already about 5pm when we reached home. I fall asleep immediately, hoping to catch some sleep b4 the guest arrived.

"Ping Pong, crash..." i woke up, crying, wondering wat happen. Oh...the buffer caterer has arrived & is settling up the tables & trays. No wonder so nosiy. Mummy ask me y i wake up so soon; i've only slept for 1 hour. Stupid Mummy! So noisy, how to sleep! kekeke...

Slowly, one by one, the guests arrived. Kor Kor hao lian! He kept himself busy by serving drinks to guest. But in actual fact, he was playing with the cool ice water where the drinks were kept. He hoped to dipped his hands into the ice water but on the pretext dat he nids to take out the drinks to give to our guest. Haha Kor Kor....u pretend pretend hor....

So many guest came & our corrider so narrow. Really no space to move around. 12 items of food were served & our guests all commented the food prepared was delicious. I didnt get to sleep at all cos everyone kept looking at me & carrying me; from one hand to another. Wa Liao! i was so fed up dat i cried & cried. Finally, mummy took over & hushed me down & managed to rock me to sleep. But within 15 minutes later, i woke up, crying again. Opps...y am i crying? Its milk time! Haha...Auntie Maggie fed me & rocked me to sleep again.

At about 9 plus, all the guests started to leave. Only some uncles stayed behind to chit chat & drink beer. Daddy joined in. Mummy & Kor Kor helped clear up. Kor Kor, as usual, pretend pretend again. 越帮越忙!哈哈! About 11pm, everyone left & it was quiet again.

Finally, i can really get to sleep.........SWEET DREAMS!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...